About Elevate Academy Of DanceCode of Conduct
Elevate Academy of Dance’s code of Conduct is in place in order to help students to learn in an orderly and non-disruptive environment. It is imperative that all parents, dancers and teachers read and follow our code of conduct. We reserve the right to inform a student that he/she should seek instruction elsewhere if their behaviour or of that of a parent or a family member or a caregiver is disruptive or disrespectful in any way. Elevate Academy of Dance aim to create a safe and positive learning environment for all students at all levels.
- Dancers, teachers and parents are expected to be kind and respectful to each other within our dance academies. Bullying in any form will not be tolerated in our Academy. Elevate Academy of Dance expect all dancers to act in a respectful manner when on an outing with the Academy, for example, dance performances, competitions etc.
- Dancers must wear their dance uniform and dance shoes or foot undeez to class at all times. Hair should be tied back. Jewellery is not permitted in dance class, except for stud earrings. No chewing gum allowed. Please see uniform requirements.
- Students must not use their mobile phone in class at any time. If you need to use your phone to call a parent, you must inform your teacher first.
- Parents should contact the dance academy if a dancer cannot make a class. Attendance is very important within Elevate dance classes.
- Parents should inform Elevate teachers if a dancer has an injury or illness prior to the beginning of class.
- Elevate Academy of Dance and Twinklesteps will take photographs and video’s in a professional manner to use for PR purposes, for example, website, Facebook etc. Dancers cannot take any photographs/videos of class time without asking for permission. Elevate Academy of Dance will not be held responsible if dancers take photo’s/videos before or after class time.
- Elevate and the Twinklesteps teachers will sometimes make a physical correction on a dancer in order to assist their dancing technique or to prevent an injury occurring.
- Dancers should arrive to dance class 5-10 minutes prior to their class time.
- Dancers are the responsibility of the teacher during class time only.
- Under 13 years of age, dancers should be collected from the door of the studio/building.
- If a dancer is not continuing into the next term, we please ask for the parent to inform the teacher. All dance fees should be paid on week 1 of each term.
- Dancers take dance examinations or join the competition dance team at their teacher’s discretion.
- If you would like a copy of our Child Protection Policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org otherwise teachers are happy to discuss our code of conduct in more detail or any queries parents may have regarding it.
Elevate Academy of Dance Newsletter Signup FREE!