Our Classes at Elevate Academy Of DanceWe provide a variety of classes...
Acro Dance is a great class for gymnastics lovers and passionate dancers who would like to enhance their dancing ability. Dancers will work on extreme flexibility, basic acrobatic skills such as balance, strengthening exercises, tumbling, partnering and limbering exercises. Acro Dance is a combination of classical and Jazz dance technique with precision acrobatic elements. Dancers will also learn Acro routines which include the skills they achieve in class fused with dance technique. No experience necessary, beginners welcome!
Please bring a yoga mat and water to class with you. Please see our uniform and dance attire page for more details on what to wear to class.
- Acro Dance – Junior/Senior Intermediate/Advanced (9yrs + and Teens) – Tuesday (6:30 PM to 8:15 PM)
- Junior Acro Dance – Beginners/Intermediate (8yrs +) – Friday (4:15 PM to 5:45 PM)
- (Mini’s) Acro Dance – 5-7yrs – Saturday (1:15 PM to 2:15 PM)
Jazz, Theatre, Lyrical Contemporary & Hip Hop - Under 12 years
These styles are our most popular within the age 4-11 years of age. They are combined into a 1-hour class throughout the dance season. This class is designed to be fun and energetic. Learn and train in many styles of Jazz (Old style Jazz, Commercial Jazz etc.) and incorporate it into Modern Theatre choreography. Other dance styles include Commercial Hip Hop, a popular Street Dance Style. A Ballet dance foundation is also taught in this class which is needed when learning the style of Lyrical and Contemporary. Elevate teachers concentrate on building strong technique within the first 30 minutes of the dance class. The second half of the class concentrates on learning choreography to ever-popular Broadway musical numbers and current pop songs. Boys and Girls Welcome.
DRESS CODE: Elevate Uniform Top/Black leggings, Jazz shoes. Please see our uniform and dance attire page for more details.
Dance Classes Mullingar
- Junior Jazz/Lyrical-Commercial-Musical Theatre – 8-11 yrs – Wednesday (6:15 PM to 7:15 PM)
- Mini’s Jazz, Lyrical, Musical Theatre – 4-7 yrs – Saturday (12:00 PM to 1:00 PM)
- Mini’s/Junior Mix Jazz/Lyrical-Hip Hop & Musical Theatre – 6-9 yrs (All Levels) – Saturday (2:30 PM to 3:30 PM)
Dance Classes Kinnegad
- Mini’s Jazz/Lyrical-Hip Hop & Musical Theatre – 4-7 yrs (All Levels) – Saturday (10:30 AM to 11:30 AM)
- Junior/Senior Jazz /Lyrical-Hip Hop & Musical Theatre – 8-12 yrs (All Levels ) – Saturday (11:30 AM to 12:30 PM)
Jazz, Theatre, Lyrical, Contemporary and Commercial - 12 years +
Elevates Teens dance class is designed to enhance the dancer’s technique to become stronger dancers. Technique training in this class includes turn and kick sequences, leaps, jumps and basic ballet exercises as well as a strong Jazz and lyrical influence. Lyrical is a current style at many dance competitions around the world. Contemporary can be seen on the American T.V show So You Think You Can Dance? And Jazz, as well as all the dance styles above, can be seen on the controversial show Dance Moms. The choreography in this class is created to be expressive with movements inspired by the lyrics and emotions of a song. Modern Theatre choreography is danced to popular pop songs as well as songs from well-known musicals. Commercial Hip Hop is also touched on in this class. DRESS CODE: Elevate Uniform Top/Black leggings, Jazz shoes. Please see our uniform and dance attire page for more details.
- Senior 1 Jazz/Lyrical-Contemporary-Commercial-Musical Theatre – 12-14 yrs (All Levels) – Wednesday (7:15 PM to 8:30 PM)
- Senior 2 Jazz-/Lyrical-Contemporary-Commercial-Musical Theatre – 15-19 yrs (All Levels) – Wednesday (7:15 PM to 8:30 PM)
Modern Theatre Dance Examinations
- ISTD Modern Theatre G4 & G5 – 12 yrs – Tuesday (6:00 PM to 7:00 PM)
Twinklesteps Ballet Dance Academy
Twinklesteps is a ballet syllabus specifically designed for age 3-8 years. It covers all steps, movement and sequences in Ballet but through storytelling and imagination. The Syllabus was developed to be an alternative to an exam class where all children, regardless of ability can enjoy a foundation in ballet. It is a fun and entertaining syllabus with wonderful characters for the budding ballerina to learn about. The ballet class includes the use of props, reward charts, stickers and little gifts for the Twinklesteps ballerina to bring home.
- Twinklesteps Ballet Level 1 – 3-5 yrs – Wednesday (3:45 PM to 4:15 PM)
- Twinklesteps Ballet Level 2 – 6-8 yrs – Wednesday (4:30 PM to 5:15 PM)
- Twinklesteps Friday Level 1 – 3-5 yrs – Friday (3:30 PM to 4:00 PM)
- Twinklesteps Ballet Level 1 – 3-5 yrs – Saturday (1:15 PM to 1:45 PM)
- Twinklesteps Ballet Level 2 – 6-8 yrs – Saturday (1:45 PM to 2:30 PM)
DRESS CODE: Leotard and tights, ballet shoes.
Please see our uniform and dance attire page for more details.
Dance Classes Kinnegad
- Twinklesteps Ballet – 3-6 yrs (Level 1+2) – Saturday (10:00 AM to 10:30 AM)
Elevate Academy of Dance Newsletter Signup FREE!